The devil is in the details, they say. While some people may have originally thought that Unified Inventory was of the devil, I think many of us have started to become used to its quirks.
Lately, I’ve been thinking about the little stuff –pet peeves, small annoyances, or just small stuff that I find myself frequently wishing I could do or change. My list got quite large, so in this post I will be focusing on those things relating directly to Unified Inventory, and Assets.
1. I would move the Item Hanger above my Ship Bay
|Scroll, scroll, scroll....
I don’t know how many times I’ve quickly highlighted items, went to drag them, then realized I couldn’t do it without minimizing my ship menu, or scrolling, and have had to start all over with selecting the items…etc.
I should see my active ship first, then my Item Hangar, then my Ship Hangar.
2. I would allow separating Items and Ships into Folders.It’s quite simple. I want to split items and ships into folders that I can then access from my left hand menu. I don’t want to use cans for items because I want to continue to be able to use the automatic fitting functionality in the fitting window.
And, I want to be able to split ships so I can more easily find what I need. I want to separate my shield thrashers from my armor thrashers. I want to separate out ships that are half fit because I’m missing some module or ammo. I want to split up my nano, long range drakes and shield canes from my short range brawlers. I want a special folder for ships I have faction fit, and another folder just for my ready-to-go Stabber Fleet Issues.
3. I would make the Menu Consistent with the Hanger...
|The First Thrasher Should be the Top Thrasher
For example, I have 10 Thrashers named Susan Black’s Thrasher. However, one of them has different ammo then the rest and I want to trade it to someone in station. I can easily tell which one has the ammo on my left menu, but it doesn't correlate to the same one in my hangar, so I have no idea which one I need to drag into my trade window...
4. I would add an ‘Empty to Hanger’ button inside all ship bays.I want to highlight items in my ship’s bay and click a button that automatically dumps it into my general hangar. I should be able to do this in my active ship, and any other ship, or container, or etc.
I've got things to do, people to kill. I'm sick of trying to drag and drop and scroll and etc.
5. I would give the ability to change the names of Corporate Divisions directly from my Unified Inventory UI. *
Furthermore, Directors should be able to change these names. Not just CEOs—but I will get into roles and titles in a different post.
And, what's with adding a corporate hanger division to my market quickbar? And...Show Info? What Info? (A blank window opens when you click this with an exclamation point...lol)
6. I would move the "Repackage" option upon right clicking an item so that it is not between the "Reprocess" and "Trash It" options.
Is CCP trolling us?
7. I would remove the ability to put items inside containers inside a trade window.I should be able to drag and drop whatever I want into the trade window, even if ships are already there, and it should not give me an error message about trying to put ships inside other ships. It should know that I'm just trying to put stuff in the trade window, and I shouldn't have to resize the window to find an 'empty' space so I do not get an error message...
Another thing I've thought about, is the ability to see the estimated value of fully fit ships, and have it add all the modules, drones, ammunition, and etc. Right now, ship values only show the hull value, and the total estimated value of your ship bay only takes into consideration the ships' hull prices.
(8.) When you drag both ships and items into your items hanger, it will automatically put the ships into your ship bay, instead of forcing you to drag both types separately. (Also, when you drag items into your ship bay, it will automatically put them in your item hanger.)