Small-gang and solo pvpers will have the best deal, as they will have to share less LP for their kills.
(My corpmate killed his Amarrian alt last night --an impairer with a bunch of blingy stuff in the cargo hold. He made 200k LP. While this is kind of a rediculous scenario, I don't think it will be farfetched to make 50k+ lp on one, modestly blingy solo kill.)
2. Have fun taking sovereignty. A lot of people like to fight for something 'bigger.' Often times, this means arduous, time-consuming, and often quiet null-sec sovereignty taking. In Faction War, not only are you fighting for something 'bigger' that will give you cool bonuses and payouts, but it's fun to do!
- Sovereignty will be a bloody mess come Inferno, with a lot of heart-pounding, small-gang pvp.
- Many plexes restrict ship types, allowing you to jump into frigate and/or cruiser engagements without worrying about escalation.
3. Get paid to take sovereignty. Not only will sovereignty-taking get you action and fun pvp, but you'll get paid to do it! Plexing will be the most lucrative action within Faction War, so the payouts could net you even more then pvp. If you get a fight while you're plexing, and still manage to defend/take the plex, not only will you get a payout for the plex, but for your kills as well.
4. Learn How to PVP. I'm not just talking to new players, but also to old players who are sick of flying the same ship their FC always requires, or sick of blindly following their FC around. I lived in null-sec, I know how it is.
Faction War has opportunity of giving you experience in many different scenarios, and many different styles of pvp. From solo frig fights, to battlecruiser brawls, ahac gangs, triage carrier drops, and massive battleships engagements, life will never be dull or predictable.
5. Fight for Something Bigger. I mentioned this above, however it deserves its own bullet point. For years, FW was really just a glorified wardec. That is changing.
Now, all your solo pew, small-gang pew and plexing will pay off toward giving you and your allies bonuses and discounts. Not only will you be experiencing the thrill of some old-fashioned pew, you will also be defending your home and protecting your friends.
6. PVP How You Want to. I've also touched on this in several points, but it also deserves it's own bullet. Faction War is not the home of one pvp style. Even though we are known for small-gang pvp, we also have solo pvp, and larger fleet pvp. The beauty of it is:
- -You have choices. From small gang plex pvp to larger fleet sovereignty gangs, from loose gangs of ultra small-gang and solo pvpers to ultra organized 50 man fleets, you will have the opportunity to experience many different styles depending on your mood of the day.
- -You are never stuck. Unlike some places where joining that alliance or living in that region means you will mostly be doing one thing, FW is much more dynamic. If you get sick of one thing, there's always something new you can try.
7. Play EVE with some of the best people in EVE. Whether you have been going it alone for a while, or are sick of being a faceless meat shield to a null-sec alliance, Faction War contains some of the nicest, most experienced people you will meet. From experienced pvpers of various styles, to dedicated pveers, you are sure to find a group that not only has something to offer you, but where you can also be a valued member for your own experience and skills.